As part of the “Hoteliers Connect” initiative of Chennais Amirta Bengaluru Campus, leading expert Hoteliers share their valuable knowledge, tips and experience from the Hotel industry to our young and energetic students thus helping them to become aware of the latest happenings in the industry and to prepare them for the corporate world after their studies.
Mr.Tirtha Roy Choudhury, Cluster Director HR at Hyatt Regency spent his valuable time with our students through webinar on 24th April 2020 on the topic “Recruitment, Training & Jobs in Hotel Industry after COVID-19”
Mr.Tirtha Roy is a seasoned HR professional having over two decades of experience in the hospitality industry, an alumnus of IHM, Kolkata, and is currently working as Cluster Director HR at Hyatt Regency, Amritsar.
Here are the few key takeaways from Mr.Tirtha’s session :
- Mr.Tirtho spoke about how the hotel industry is looking forward to cope up with this current scenario during COVID-19 pandemic.
- He also cautioned the students that the jobs in hotel industry are limited now due to the pandemic, but also insisted not to loose hope because within a certain period of time, the industry will gain back its acceleration of growth.
- Mr.Tirtho told the student that HR policies of the Hotels will be revamped and the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) will also change accordingly.
- He said that the priority of the students currently should be building one’s personality, working upon oneself, gaining knowledge and finding some ‘me time’ with oneself.
- Mr.Tirtho guided the students to be clear and careful in their priority when the Industry resumes operations. He requested the students to be watchful on the jobs in hotel industry and grab any sort of opportunity as it comes up and asked them to stick onto that.
- Being an experienced HR professional in the Hotel industry, he said that the New recruitments are likely possible after October 2020.
- Students eagaerly participated in the webinar and raised queries related to SOPs, HR Department, etc and Mr.Tirtho meticuluously answered their queries and looked into the same.
- Overall it was a wonderful insightful session for our students who are all set to step foot in the industry shortly.